3 discussions for 3 courses week 3
Having grown up in wealth and then living a life of extreme asceticism, The Buddha found no peace. He arrived at a Middle Way and for his Dharma he proposed the 4 Noble Truths and the 8-Fold Path. (pp. 142-148). This would break the samsara cycle and produce nirvana. The challenge is putting The Buddhaâ€™s Dharma into action.
Discussion question: Theravada Buddhism is about mindfulness and meditation. Mahayana Buddhism is about compassion guided by wisdom.
1) Discuss how either Theravada or Mahayana Buddhism can apply the principles of the 8-Fold Path to daily living.
2) Which system would you choose to live by? Why?
Here are several websites for Buddhism.
Extra Credit Question (worth up to 5 points depending on the depth of your answer): DO EXTRA CREDIT!
What are 4 ways we can use Buddhist ideas like the 4 Noble Truths and the 8-Fold Path in todayâ€™s workplace? Hint: go to research.strayer.edu, search â€œBuddhism Workplace,â€ and find the article by Joan Marques in the Journal of Global Business Issues.
BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone:
“Strong Brands” Please respond to the following:
- Several companies use their brand as a competitive advantage. Given your knowledge about the global economy, identify three brands you believe have the strongest likelihood of remaining a source of advantage in the 21st Century and explain why.
- Explain the effects you believe the Internetâ€™s capabilities will have on the brands you identified in the previous discussion and what the owner of the brand should do in light of them.
SCI 115: Introduction to Biology:
In this weekâ€™s discussion you will be exploring energy and how itâ€™s captured, released, and used by all living creatures.
Review the video about the “phytoplankton that brought Earth to life” found at: https://youtu.be/m_43nR11PW8. In this clip, Penny Chisholm discusses a tiny phytoplankton called Prochlorococcus. Based on that video, address the following:
- In the video, Dr. Chisholm tells us that Prochlorococcus samples from different environments that are genetically different. Discuss what this tells us about the relationship between organisms and their environments.
- What do you think is the most interesting or significant aspect of Prochlorococcus?