Take the Big 5 Personality Inventory on p. 387 in our book. Write a 400- to 600-word summary of your personality, as described by the Big 5 Inventory. Discuss the upsides and the downsides of the pattern of the five dimensions or traits of your personality. We know that three of the Big 5â€”conscientiousness, openness, and extroversionâ€”are closely associated with leadership effectiveness. How do your scores reflect your readiness to become a leader? Include a reflection about how your personality shapes your behavior toward work, school, and teamwork.
Textbook The Art of Leadership
Rubric (professor has the discretion to award points as deemed reasonable)
- Complete, well thought-out answer tapping into required content, arguments well presented, all parts responded to adequately, all criteria met, no significant errors: 45-50/50
- Many points made, but some connection to content missing, one part not answered, incomplete discussion, nearly all criteria: 40-44/50
- Some points made, but some connection to content missing, incomplete and/or limited discussion, some criteria met: 35-39/40
- Limited discussion, limited points, few criteria met: 30-34/50
- Poor in every way, no criteria met: 0-33/50