Assignment 1: Agile Project Initiation
Due Week 4 and worth 125 points
Note: This is the first of three assignments which, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project. You have been assigned as the project manager for an e-commerce website and accompanying mobile application for your firm (a home improvement store chain) that will service the needs of your customers and prospects. The key features of your website and mobile app include product description, product pricing and discount rate, home improvement tutorial videos, order and pickup scheduling, store location, and store hours. You are expected to add additional features as you progress through your project.
NOTE: You are prohibited from using similar projects that can be found on the Internet, including projects found in places like Course Hero. All project submissions will be submitted to Safe Assign for review.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you define the scope of your project. In your paper, you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your project.
- Describe at least three (3) project goals and three (3) project objectives.
- Describe at least three (3) key milestones and/or deliverables for your project.
- Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines. You must complete the work within six months and the schedule will include at least 60 activities.
- Estimate the projectâ€™s overall cost and any key staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe Agile project management, including governance methods for organizational use.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.