No need for an introduction or a conclusion â€“ just state the questions and answer them one by one.
A helpful resource is chapter 8 of Sekaran & Bougie, Research Methods for Business. This Coursework will be associated with Chapter 8 and Chapter 9 of one of the required texts: Sekaran, U., and Bougie, R., (2016), Research Methods for Business: A Skill Building Approach (7th ed.). United Kingdom: Wiley.
1.Describe the key purpose of observation, outlining advantages and disadvantages of this research approach to collecting data.
– define observation â€“ what is meant by â€˜observationâ€™ as a research method in a general sense?
– what is the purpose of observation?
– advantages and disadvantages, pp. 142-143
2.Discuss four dimensions that distinguish various approaches to observation.
– four dimensions to consider are controlled/uncontrolled, participant/nonparticipant, structured/unstructured and concealed/unconcealed.
3.1.A disadvantage of observation is observer bias. Discuss at least two ways of minimizing observer bias.
– what are possible reasons for observer bias?
– consider p. 143 of Sekaran & Bougie â€“ remedies for reducing bias are presented.
– pp. 44-45, pp. 162-163, p. 189