Complete an analysis of the key external factors that have implications for successful implementation of Boeingâ€™s vision, mission strategy and goals/objectives (VMO). You will examine Boeingâ€™s industry and the competitive conditions/positioning affecting it now or likely to do so in the future. Submit your work in your assignment folder in the form of an approximate 2,000-word double-spaced APA-formatted paper. The title page, reference list, and any appendices are not included in this suggested word count. You do not need to include an abstract.
Your paper should address these topics:
- A brief explanation of the industry (or industries) in which Boeing operates as well as context for your Boeingâ€™s current positioning.
- Analyze the current conditions in Boeingâ€™s industry and in its relevant general environment and their likely implications for successful implementation of your organizationâ€™s strategic goals and related actions. Be sure to address the PESTEL framework.
- Apply Porterâ€™s Five-Forces Model to enrich your understanding of the environment in which your organization is now or may be operating. The Five Forces model should stress that this model is used to evaluate the industry, not your selected organizationâ€™s activities. The model should be used to isolate the dominant force(s) in the industry faced by all competitors and that produce the greatest threat to your organizationâ€™s profits and/or strategy. You should discuss how your firm can provide a defense against this threat or threats.
- Describe your organizationâ€™s strategic group and construct a map to show its relative market position. Add in a discussion of your rationale for the grouping.
- Summarize the threats and opportunities facing Boeing gleaned from your analysis. (SWOT analysis) Submit the SWOT format in Table form and add in some narrative to discuss the threats and opportunities in more detail. Explain in your discussion (not in the table) why you selected them and how they relate to the VMO and organizationâ€™s strategy.
- Evaluate the extent to which your organizationâ€™s current strategy appears a good match for the competitive conditions it confronts or any gaps that must be addressed.
- Add in a strong conclusion that ensures the reader leaves your paper with a clear recap of your key points.