bus 503 mod 4 slp
Module 4 – SLP
The â€œCycle of Changeâ€ Model
For the final SLP in this course, you will be given a fair degree of latitude to explore some aspect of Organizational Change and Transformation. The SLP for this module requires that you visit the library, and that you choose a chapter from a textbook or a journal, trade magazine, or newspaper article that is of interest to you, and that is related to some aspect of organizational change and transformation.
You will then choose some portion of the chapter or article that is of interest to you, briefly summarize the contents of what you have read, and then apply the contents of what you have read to some aspect of your personal life and/or workplace (remember that organizational change theory extends beyond organizations, and that it applies to personal changes as well as changes that occur in the workplace).
Be creative! Use your imagination and critical thinking skills as you consider how change theory you read applies either to your person or to some workplace experience you have had. Importantly, you have flexibility to choose your topic and its application, so long as you can demonstrate that you are able to effectively apply the theory/ concepts you have read to your personal or organizational life.
Visit the library, and perform a search using one or more of the following keywords:
- Organizational Change;
- Organizational Transformation; and/or
- Change Management.
After choosing and reading some aspect of a book chapter or article that is of particular interest to you, respond to the following in a well-written 3- to 4-page paper:
- Summarize what you have read from the article or chapter you have selected. Be sure to cite specific concepts that are applicable to the personal or work experience you have selected for this module (one page).
- What did the author say that was particularly relevant and/or of particular significance to the past personal and/or work experience you have selected? Why did you select this particular chapter or article?
- How have the organizational change and transformation concepts you have selected informed your personal or work experience? What new understanding or insights do you have after having had applied these concepts to your personal or work circumstances?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Your SLP should be 3-4 pages in length (not including Cover and Reference pages).
- Be sure to cite your sources using APA Style.
- Upload your paper to the SLP 4 Dropbox before the assignment due date.