- What were the primary causes of Mattel’s recall problems?
- Were the actions taken by the principals (Mattel & China) the right actions? Why, or why not?
- What should Mattel do now? What are the implications?
- How can Mattel better manage accountability in its global supply chain?
Important: When submitting your assignments, please use the questions as your main section headers for your paper.
Note: Be as detailed as you can and Question needs to be backed by numbers, facts, graphs etc. Outside source needs to be cited.
Your written analysis should address the following questions and should not exceed six pages. It should be double spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font, or its equivalent.
Following Instructions are a must:
1. I wanted to send a few tips in regards to writing that will make the great points in your papers even better, more convincing, and more robust. Whenever you make a statement of opinion or assertion, you should address at least one of these questions; why? so what? how? like what? or who cares?. If the opinion or assertion cannot answer or address at least one of the questions above, you should rewrite it.
2. You can support your opinion in one of two ways. The first way is to state your opinion, and then through an exercise of breadth and depth and critical analysis you simply support your opinion by explaining why, so what, who cares, how, like what, etc. Or, in other words you explain why your opinion is credible, believable, and informed. The second way to support your opinion is to find referenced material that agrees with you. Combining both methods together is the benchmark. By doing one or the other, or both, you bring context and credibility to the opinions you present. Thus, your great opinions become believable.