Please be extra careful and original. My school uses a Plagiarism program named “Safe Assign” I already had 3 papers come back claiming that they were plagiarized. Also, please use in word references.
Instructors use SafeAssign to check submitted assignments for originality. SafeAssign compares your submissions against multiple sources to identify areas of overlap between your work and existing publications.
Officer Williams is an officer with the Richmond police department and has been with the department for five years. He received information that a citizen living in the local housing project was selling drugs. This information was conveyed to Officer Williams by an anonymous caller to the officer on his personal cell phone. Officer Williams immediately went to the housing project and stopped the citizen as he was leaving his apartment. Officer Williams searched the citizen and found drugs.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 1- to 2-page paper in which you:
- Identify the constitutional amendment that would govern Officer Williams’ actions. In your own opinion, discuss if you support his actions or not. Justify your answer using the appropriate case law and Supreme Court precedents.
- Analyze the validity and constitutionality of Officer Williams’ actions.
- Determine whether or not Officer Williams’ actions were justified by any of the three (3) ways whereby probable cause can be established. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least two quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.