| Chronic Diseases in Children
Throughout this program, most assignments have focused on the adult population. Since children and adolescents are also greatly impacted by chronic diseases, letâ€™s take some time to shift our attention toward this group.
- Collect statistical data from three different scholarly sources (published within the past five years) pertaining to at least two chronic diseases directly impacted by poor diet and physical activity in children and adolescents.
- Assess how these chronic diseases impact the health and wellness of this group.
- Explain the lifestyle factors that contribute to the chronic diseases you researched.
- Based on your findings and the chronic diseases you researched, which two areas (i.e. physical activity, exercise, nutrition, playtime/social engagement, sleep, stress management), should be focused on primarily when designing a wellness program for this group? Please create three specific recommendations.
- Assess the importance of role modeling and issues you may want to discuss with the parents or caregivers. Support your response to this bullet with one scholarly source.
Use at least three scholarly sources (Links to an external site.) to support your research and findings. The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
All sources must be referenced (Links to an external site.) and cited (Links to an external site.) according to APA guidelines, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your initial post should be at least 300 words in length.