Complete a case essay on ANY US SUPREME COURT ADMINISTRATIVE LAW CASE
Your essay should be around 2 pages and contain the following information:
– Who is involved in the case?
– How has the case moved through the legal system (who filed it, in what court? What appellate court heard it? How did it get to the Supreme Court?)?
– What was the issue in the case?
– What did the Court decide? (note that the US Supreme Court is called “Court”, not “court” and not “SCOTUS”)
– What was the Court’s analysis (WHY did they decide as they did)?
– Did any Justices dissent, and if so, what did they have to say?
– What is the impact of this case?
If you can’t find a good case, you can always write on the Chevron case. If you search on Nexis Uni or www.oyez.org you should be able to find something.
Please remember that if you cut and paste something from the internet into your assignment, that is plagiarism. The rubric for this assignment is attached.