Conduct an analysis of variance (ANOVA) to check for mean differences between three independent groups on any variable of your choice (i.e., Is there a difference in coffee consumption per week between those under age 18, those between 18-25, and those above age 25?).
Each sample should have a minimum of n = 6 participants.
What to turn in:
- State your research question (use the example from above as a model).
- State the null and alternative hypotheses for your ANOVA.
- Using Î± = .05 for your test, indicate the critical F-value, conduct the necessary calculations (show your work whenever possible) and state your conclusions regarding the original hypotheses (Reject H0 or Fail to Reject H0).
- Calculate and interpret Î·2 as a measure of effect size.
- Using Tukeyâ€™s post-hoc test, check for specific significant differences between groups
Note: Please do this even if your conclusion above is â€œFail to Reject H0â€
- Write a conclusion statement, as would appear in a published report.
Extra Credit (Up to 5 points):
- Present your findings using an â€œANOVA summary tableâ€ as discussed on p. 361 of the textbook.