consumer bankruptcy tax and e commerce fraud
The final three chapters in our book discuss various fraud schemes that, unfortunately, we are all too likely to experience personally, if we have not already. Far too many of these fraud schemes permeate our society and daily experiences. Most of you, your families, or loved ones will be touched in some way by one or more of the fraud schemes covered in these chapters. We certainly can’t stop this fraud, but we can educate ourselves and those around us on these schemes, their signs and symptoms, and means of prevention and protection.
In this light, our final discussion of the semester (which will end on Saturday) will create an open discussion of many of these schemes, helping to educate all of us and raise our level of awareness. In this way, we are better prepared to avoid these situations, educate others, and help to protect ourselves and those we care about.
For this discussion, choose a fraud scheme from Chapters 15, 16, or 17. Educate yourself on your particular selected scheme, including some outside research to broaden your understanding. Post a 2 to 4 paragraph summary of the following:
- Summary description of the fraud scheme
- Educate us regarding the symptoms and warning signs of the particular scheme
- Summarize a case study example of the fraud scheme, either from research or from personal experience, of the fraud in your life or that of someone close to you
- Discuss methods of prevention for your selected fraud scheme, including how you can educate others in your life to help protect them
- Please be sure to cite any outside resources that you may use
- You will not see other posts until after your initial post