One of the potential jobs you could have someday is working as a Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist for a large corporate organization. Corporate Wellness Practitioners or Certified Worksite Wellness Specialists work at organizations to assess, analyze, and improve the health of an organizationâ€™s employees. Employee wellness programs have been shown to have many benefits for the employee and employer. Employees spend 36% (or more) of their time on the job (Texas Department of State Health Services (Links to an external site.), n.d.). Employees who participate in wellness programs can improve their physical and mental health, boost morale at work, and reduce stress, absenteeism, and healthcare costs. Therefore, the organizationsâ€™ cultural climate and productivity are improved as well (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013).
- Review the article by Anderko et. al (Links to an external site.) (2012) and RAND Workplace Wellness Programs Study (Links to an external site.) and address the following elements (each element should be approximately 1-2 paragraphs in length):
- Appraise the role of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) on worksite wellness programs.
- Discuss the prevalence and characteristics of corporate wellness programs.
- Analyze the impact of corporate wellness programs.
- Assess the role of incentives on corporate wellness program outcomes.
- Assume you are interviewing for a Corporate Wellness Practitioner position at Johnson & Johnson in two weeks. After reviewing the required resources for this week, discuss the following in preparation for the upcoming interview:
- Analyze Johnson & Johnsonâ€™s current mission on wellness and prevention and the organizationsâ€™ wellness benefits for employees (approx. 2 paragraphs in length).
- Evaluates available data regarding the effectiveness of the companyâ€™s wellness efforts (1 â€“ 2 paragraphs in length).
- Create two recommendations for improvement of the current wellness program. State your rationale for making these recommendations (2 paragraphs in length).
- Prepare two recommendations to increase employee participation for the upcoming year (2 paragraphs in length).
The Corporate Wellness Assignment (Parts A and B)
- Must be double-spaced, at least five pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style (Links to an external site.), as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page (Links to an external site.) with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources (Links to an external site.). The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Be sure to integrate your research (Links to an external site.) rather than simply inserting it.
- Must cite all sources in APA style, as outlined here (Links to an external site.) and here (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate reference page (Links to an external site.) that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.