4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
In teams, by the end of the week students will compose a research-based essay and informational brochure focusing on â€˜movement from before birth toddler yearsâ€™.
Part 1: Essay
In your essay, provide a comprehensive explanation of:
- Moving Before Birth: Fetal Growth and Behavior
- To include fetal growth, stimulation from the outside, fetal movements, etc.
- Newborn Movements
- To include spontaneous movement, reflexes, moving the face, sucking/swallowing/chewing, speech, and facial gestures, holding objects, etc.
- Movement in the Toddler Stage
- To include learning to walk, balance and navigation, locomotion, etc.
Your essay should be 2000-2250 words and should include at least three (3) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Part 2: Brochure
Create a research-based brochure that provides parents with a visually appealing compilation of movement from pre-birth to toddlers. Include pictures with captions, at least three references, and ensure that this is helpful tool that will help parents track movement milestones.
Be sure to use all 6 panels on the brochure wisely and include a solid balance between text and graphics. References must be included on this brochure.