In Chapter 2 of The Prevention of Crime, the concepts of general and specific deterrence are discussed. In this weekâ€™s discussion, please cover the following:
- Think about a type of crime that interests you such as homicide, robbery, and so forth. Which theory covered in your text provides the best explanation and the most effective crime prevention strategy? Why do you think so?
- What is general deterrence?
- What is specific deterrence?
- What are the key differences between the two?
- How do general and specific deterrence relate to crime prevention?
- What is crime control? What is the relationship between crime control and the concepts of general and specific deterrence?
- Explain your answers, and support your assertions with a minimum of two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to your textbook.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words in length. Support your initial post with examples from your required reading material and additional scholarly, peer-reviewed and credible sources, using the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) document for guidance. Please provide both in-text citations and a references list at the end of your initial post in APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).