Through this weekâ€™s Learning Resources, you were introduced to the concept of organizational competitiveness. As businesses face increased competition on a daily basis, the need for innovative products and services increases as well. Finding effective ways to market and distribute products to a wide audience in the most efficient way possible can be demanding on businesses unless they are prepared to meet the challenges they face. Information technology can play a large role in helping companies meet those challenges and secure competitive advantages.
In this Discussion, you will identify a company that has used IT to gain competitive advantage and examine the role of IT in enabling that advantage.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
- Identify a company that has used IT to gain competitive advantage over its competitors. In addition, identify two of the companyâ€™s competitors.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses, provided in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
By Day 3
Post a 150- to 225-word (2- to 3-paragraph) explanation of how a company has used IT to gain competitive advantage over its competitors. In your explanation, do the following:
- Briefly describe the selected company and two of its competitors.
- Explain the nature of the competitive advantage and how IT has enabled that specific advantage.
- To support your response, be sure to reference at least one properly cited scholarly source.
Refer to the Week 5 Discussion Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this grading rubric to assess your work.