Explain the differences among the definitions of drug misuse, drug abuse, and deviant drug use (Chapter 1, Hart & Ksir) ( i provided the pages from the book below as a screenshot). Provide appropriate examples of each, showing how these definitions may overlap in specific instances.
In preparation for your essay, please watch the film “The Rise of Fentanyl” and include material from this film in your essay. Should Fentanyl use be considered drug misuse, drug abuse, or deviant drug use?
- This film must be cited as one of your sources, and information from the film must be included in your discussion answer/essay.
- As with the use of any source, information or verbiage from the film must be clearly identified in your essay by using quotation marks around any direct verbiage from the film, followed by the title of the film in parentheses. For material from the film which is included in your essay but not directly quoted, please include the name of the film in parentheses following the information.
- Please use Times New Roman, 12 point font, standard margins, double-spaced.
- Wikipedia and other online encyclopedias and/or dictionaries are not permitted as sources.
- At least six paragraphs (minimum of 1000 words)
- At least two sources other than the text and/or assigned films, preferably from web sites ending in .gov or .edu
- â€œWorks Citedâ€ [Remember to include the class textbook and any required film in your “Works Cited”]
Discussion essays should include the following:
- PARAGRAPHS ONE AND TWO: Text material related to the topic of discussion.
- PARAGRAPHS THREE AND FOUR: Material related to the topic, obtained from a source other than the required class textbook and/or assigned films. Sources should be â€œsocial scienceâ€ related websites, preferably those ending in .gov or /edu.
- PARAGRAPHS FIVE AND SIX: Studentâ€™s personal experience and opinion related to the topic.
- CITATIONS MUST BE LISTED IN MLA FORMAT AT THE END OF YOUR POSTING. IF VERBIAGE IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE, VERBIAGE MUST BE IN QUOTATIONS AND THE CITATION MUST BE INSERTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE QUOTE. Please include citations whenever material is used from a source other than your own thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
- The instructor reserves the right to use Google, Turnitin, and other methods by which to check for plagiarism. Students who use material from another studentâ€™s essay posting will receive an â€œFâ€ on their assignment and may be referred for disciplinary action.