4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
The purpose of this assignment is to have students familiarize themselves with the NAEYC position on the topic of diversity with young children. By familiarizing themselves with the position statements of this organization, students become more informed, intentional, politically active, and effective educators.
- Read the NAEYC Position Statement on Diversity. Complete the steps described below.
- Create a table that includes the following headings: a) Summary, b) Classroom Application, and c) Course connections. Fill-in the table for the NAEYC Position Statement from the website provided. This information can be simple bullets and/or short sentences.
- Summary- A synopsis of the important points from the article.
- Classroom Application- Provide four ideas for how the information in the article can be used in the classroom for developing diversity.
- Course Connections- Make at least two connections from the article to the content from this weekâ€™s readings.
- Using the details from your table in Step 2 above, write an essay discussing:
- A detailed summary of the article
- A detailed explanation of how you can use these ideas in the classroom to specifically influence childrenâ€™s behavior. Pick four ideas and describe them in detail, with information on how you would set-up the diversity idea and any materials you would need
- A detailed description of how information in the article relates specifically to content you have read this week or during this course so far.
Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.