Ethics in Government
After you have read the Government Ethics Chapter in your textbook (attached), post to this Discussion as described below using MLA format (see Discussion Rules below).
Choose a topic from the chapter you would like to learn more about. Name and discuss the topic as it is outlined in your text. Paraphrase, do not quote. Next, research that topic and complete a summary/reaction submission as described below.
You must post first (Start a New Thread) before viewing the Discussion Board to receive credit.
- DISCUSSION TITLE/SUBJECT – Topic – Name of Article and Date of Publication (within the last 6 months)
- Example – Conflict of Interest – Does your Representative Represent You or Themselves? – August 20, 2017
- Research an article, published in the last 6 months that contains moral issues about the topic you chose from the chapter.
- Helpful Hint – If you ever have trouble with research you should go to the campus library Writing Commons where they are more than happy to help with research, writing, etc.. For those who cannot make it to campus please use the Ask-A-Librarian link in the Begin Here Module.
- Include a link to the article and the citation.
- Paragraph one – use content, key terms, and concepts from the chapter and summarize the article. Include the page number on which you found the topic.
- Paragraph two share your reaction to the article.
- Minimum word count 250 words. Include word count.
- Do not use quotes unless specifically requested by your instructor. Paraphrase (use your own words).
Reply Post – You must complete at least one reply post (50 words minimum). Include word count. Respond to a student who chose a different issue than yours, and point out the strengths of the argument they put forth.
Be sure to review: Discussion Forum Grading Criteria
Drop Box Rules
You should not submit more than once (except for originality issues – see below), so be sure your assignment is complete.
- Attach your submission in the proper MS Word format .doc or .docx or .rtf.
- Exporting a Pages File as Word Format from the Mac with Pages App
- Open the Pages file you want to convert / save to Word format into the Pages app for OS X.
- Go to the â€œFileâ€ menu and choose â€œExport Toâ€, then select â€œWordâ€ from the sub-menu list.
- Then upload the word document into the drop box.
- To receive full credit use MLA format. Place your name, the professor’s name, the course name and the date in the upper left hand corner. Include a Work Cited page.
- Include your word count.
- Use your own words and give credit (citations). See Understanding Plagiarism Activity and How to Avoid Plagiarism in Module 1 – Academic Integrity.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check your Originality Report and resubmit before the due date if needed. Highlighted areas should only be citations, names and properly cited quotes (if your professor allows quotations). To learn how to view your originality report, go to Course Content-MyCourses Tutorials-Dropbox-Viewing a TurnItIn (Originality Report).
- If you have any technical problems contact Technical Support immediately. Their contact information is online -727-341-HELP.
STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY – after submitting your assignment, view your work to be sure it was submitted properly.