help evaluating this essay 1
Refer to the Syllabus for due date and submission requirements.
For this essay you will read another studentâ€™s essay, think about their thinking, and write about their writing. In short, you will write an essay about another studentâ€™s essay. This is called metacognition or thinking about thinking. Hopefully, by applying the Standards of Critical Thinking to another writerâ€™s work, you will eventually be able to apply those same standards to your own work.
Your Thesis should answer the Question at Issue:
To what extent did that student meet the Standardsof Critical Thinking in that essay?
This essay will be graded by the instructor based on how thoroughly and thoughtfully it meets the following criteria:
- Underline your thesis.
- Use the Critical Thinking terminology in bold, specifically the Standardsof Critical Thinking, but you do not need to use all of the terms.
- Find a phrase or two from the CRTW Essay Rubricthat you can apply to your evaluation of this essay.
- Make specific suggestions for improvement.
- MLA format, 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
- Introduce, Quote, Cite, and Interpret the student essay at least once as evidence to support your analysis.
- Work Cited example: Jones, Michael. â€œRam This Truck.â€ Student Essay. Winthrop University. 2018
- Introduction of source example: Michael Jones, a student at Winthrop University in his essay on the death of Tupac Shakur, claims that â€œThe shooting was not the culmination of an East Coast â€“ West Coast rivalry, but a political assassinationâ€ (Jones 2).
- Nosich page 156 â€œWriting an Evaluationâ€ may help direct your thinking.
- Submit your essay under a pseudonym (fake name) so that your evaluation remains anonymous.