ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL AND NO PLAIGIRISM. USE RELIABLE REFERENCES.
Topic 1: Current Events in Gender Equality
Take a moment to read a news article that captures the dynamics occurring in a current event that has implications to discover and learn more about the need to advance gender equality through effective leadership. Identify and describe essential points from the news article. Then, offer your own assessment of the situation, enhanced with insight from the Northouse chapter on â€œGender and Leadershipâ€ in order to advance greater understanding on the narrative that supports gender equality. Cite the news article and the Northouse chapter.
In your initial response in this discussion, you should include:
- Describe the situation identified in the news article.
- Assess dynamics of the situation with regard to gender equality and leadership.
- Evaluate specific relevant knowledge gained from the Northouse reading.
- Analyze the development of your own leadership skills to improve working relationships with others.
Northouse, P. G. (2018). Leadership: Theory and practice (8th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
Topic 2: Gender Bias- Breaking the Glass Ceiling
Northouse (2018) describes the concept of the â€œglass ceilingâ€ as a barrier to growth into the upper echelon of leadership roles (p. 404). For this Discussion topic, you will identify and describe examples of leaders, both men and women, who have broken through the glass ceiling. These leaders can be those who you discover in your research, those who you may be personally acquainted with, a role model you have identified, or you may use your own leadership experiences. In your initial response in this discussion, please cover the following areas:
- Describe this leader who has broken through the glass ceiling barrier.
- Evaluate the criteria of why you picked this leader for this discussion.
- Assess the leadership skills they used to achieve their growth goals. You should be looking back at the Readings and work you have completed in past weeks to help you identify the leadership style(s) this leader used to be successful.
Northouse, P. G. (2018). Leadership: Theory and practice (8th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.