According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. Please choose ONE of the following companies to research for this assignment or you may choose to write about the company you currently work for.
The company I choose is NIKE
Please write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of your company, and identify two (2) key factors in the organizationâ€™s external environment that can affect its success (i.e. competition, economy, weather, technology).
2. Suggest 2-3 ways in which the primary stakeholders (i.e. employees, consumers, suppliers, stockholder) can influence the organizationâ€™s profitability.
3. Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your company.
4. Submit a reference page with at least three (3) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper.
Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
APA Format please
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.