Teaching Project Guidelines:
Purpose: The purpose of the patient/family teaching project is to develop and implement a teaching plan for a geriatric patient utilizing teaching-learning principles.
Objectives: By the conclusion of the presentation, the students will be able to:
– State the various indications for a specified diet
– Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet
– Describe food/fluid restrictions appropriate for diet or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs?
– Describe how to present a short nutritional teaching plan to a patient& family with cultural differences.
– Apply current research related to the nutrition topic.
– Utilize teaching experience rubric for essential criteria.
– The paper should be between 3-5 pages (not including title page and references).
– The paper must be typed and conform to APA format.
– A minimum of two references are required (EBSCOhost).