In this assignment, you will explore some of the benefits and disadvantages of the policy-making process. The goal of policy analysis is to examine the economic, technical, and political implications of the alternatives proposed in the policy to determine their potential for solving public health problems. You will be introduced to some key terms that will come up repeatedly throughout the course.
Select a policy that was created to address a public health problem. Then, using
the Internet, respond to the following:
- Describe the phases involved in the policy making process
- Describe how you would apply the policy making process to a current public health policy issue.
- Summarize the policy-analysis process, explaining its purpose and the benefits and disadvantages.
- Differentiate the tasks in the policy making process from the tasks in the policy-analysis process.
Comment on the postings of at least two peers.
- Described the phases involved in the policy-making process.
- Summarized the policy-analysis process, and explained its purpose and the benefits and disadvantages.
- Differentiated the tasks in the policy making process from the tasks in the policy-analysis process.
- Described the ways to apply the policymaking process to a current public health policy issue.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasoning.