Please include the questions with your answers. Answer in complete sentences where applicable.
- Give an example of a data constraint and an example of a business rule. Be sure to label which is which so I can tell you know the difference.
- Explain the difference between an entity class and an entity instance, and give an example other than those used in the text or the lectures.
- Define the term â€œweak entityâ€ and give an example other than those used in the text.
- Define supertype, subtype and discriminator.
- Explain the difference between and inclusive subtype relationship and an exclusive subtype relationship.
- Using Microsoft Visio (available through Microsoft Azure Dev Tools) draw an IE Crowâ€™s Foot E-R diagram for the entities DEPARTMENT and EMPLOYEE. A DEPARTMENT may have more than one EMPLOYEE, but an EMPLOYEE is only assigned to one DEPARTMENT. Assume that a DEPARTMENT does not need to have an EMPLOYEE, but that every EMPLOYEE is assigned to a DEPARTMENT. Include at least three appropriate identifiers and attributes for each entity.
- Explain the following crowâ€™s foot E-R diagram. Be sure to include entities, keys, attributes, cardinality. What is the special type of entity represented by COMMISSION_RATE?