Conduct your own research of Quality Improvement Organizations (QIO’s) in the United States Health Care System.
- Choose at least four different QIO’s and explain their mission, how they operate, and what areas of health care they impact.
- Be sure to include one QIO that is specific to the state where you reside.
- Your submission should be no less than 2 pages in length (double spaced).
Here is a list of some of the most highly regarded Quality Improvement Organizations in the United States to help you get started in your research. You do not have to choose from this list; they are just suggestions.
- Ambulatory Care Quality Alliance (AQA)
- American Medical Association Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement (AMA-PCPI)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Institute of Medicine (IOM)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- National Guideline Clearinghouse
- National Quality Forum
- Leapfrog Group