scholarly activity 36
For this scholarly activity, you will do further research on one of the three projects discussed in your textbook. Please select one of the following: the Chicago Area Project, the Mobilization for Youth, or the War on Poverty. Within your scholarly activity, include responses to the following points:
Chicago Area Project: A program originating at the University of Chicago during the 1930s that focused on urban ecology and attempted to reduce delinquency, crime, and social disorganization in transitional neighborhoods.
- Explain the particular policy you chose and the effect it has had.
- Was it effective in fighting crime, preventing crime, or both?
- From your perspective, what could make this more effective?
- What were the disadvantages to this particular project?
- Explain the policy that influenced this project.
Your scholarly activity must be a minimum of two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use at least two outside sources; one source must be from an academic online Library. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced.