see details below
Please write a response paper to the article: “Over 30 million US workers will lose their jobs because of AI – MarketWatch” published by the Associated Press. Access the article here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ai-is-set-to-replace-36-million-us-workers-2019-01-24 (Links to an external site.)
Your response paper should do two things: summarize the material and detail your reaction to it. The following explains both parts of a report.
PART 1: A SUMMARY OF THE WORK
- Identify the author and title of the work and include in parentheses the publisher and publication date. For magazines, give the date of publication.
- Write an informative summary of the material.
- Condense the content of the work by highlighting its main points and key supporting points.
- Use direct quotations from the work to illustrate important ideas.
- Summarize the material of all key aspects of the original work.
- Keep the summary objective and factual.
PART 2: YOUR REACTION TO THE WORK
- How is the assigned work related to ideas and concerns discussed in the course for which you are preparing the paper? For example, what points made in the course textbook, class discussions, or lectures are treated more fully in the work?
- How is the work related to problems in our present-day world?
- How is the material related to your life, experiences, feelings and ideas? For instance, what emotions did the work arouse in you?
- Did the work increase your understanding of a particular issue? Did it change your perspective in any way?
- Evaluate the merit of the work: the importance of its points, its accuracy, completeness, organization, and so on.
- You should also indicate whether or not you would recommend the work to others, and why.
POINTS OF CONSIDERATION WHEN WRITING THE REPORT
Here are some important elements to consider as you prepare a report:
- Support any general points you make or attitudes you express with specific reasons and details. Statements such as “I agree with many ideas in this article” or “I found the book very interesting” are meaningless without specific evidence that shows why you feel as you do.
- Organize your material. Follow the basic plan of organization explained above: a summary of one or more paragraphs, a reaction of two or more paragraphs, and a conclusion. Also, use transitions to make the relationships among ideas in the paper clear.
- Edit the paper carefully for errors in grammar, mechanics, punctuation, word use, and spelling.
- Cite paraphrased or quoted material from the book or article you are writing about, or from any other works, by using APA formatting.
- You may use quotations in the summary and reaction parts of the paper, but do not rely on them too much. Use them only to emphasize key ideas.
- Publishing information can be incorporated parenthetically or at the bottom of the page in a footnote.