https://researchhomeworkhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Researchhomeowrkhelp-300x75.png 0 0 Joseph https://researchhomeworkhelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Researchhomeowrkhelp-300x75.png Joseph2021-03-13 09:10:432021-03-13 09:10:43short and sweet 1
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
short and sweet 1
Writing Assignment: Short and Sweet
To escape unjust imprisonment, you have become Scheherazade of the detention hall. You have written a flash fiction story and posted it for peer review to the Discussion: Share and Share Alike link. Now you must consider the feedback you received carefully and rework your story following these guidelines and questions to focus your revision work:
- Is my story short enoughâ€”under 750 words? What else can I remove?
- Remove anything that is not important to creating the characters, moving the plot forward, or setting up the surprise ending
- Remove any extra wordiness or repetition that is not purposeful
- Are the words chosen carefully for connotation (tone)?
- Are your phrases/images unexpected, memorable, or clever? (Remove clichÃ©s)
- Are active verbs used consistently?
- Is the last sentence your strongest? (Make it so!)
- What is the controlling image/symbol? Is this the best choice you could make?
- Which adjective could be used to “push” the meaning of that image?
- Have you used the image to your advantage every time it appears? Could it be used in other places or in better ways?
- Surprise (Ironic/Humorous/Twist Ending)
- How is your story surprising (but still focused)?
- Do you telegraph your twist? (If so, rewrite it.)
- Is the audience going to get it? (If not, figure out a way to make it clearer.)