side panelexpand side panel breadcrumb week 1 assignment reflect on myths and perceptions in profiling
For this task, choose a specific character from the media or a novel that works as a criminal profiler. Then, create a brochure that will examine how the media have contributed to the misconceptions associated with criminal profiling. Be sure to make personal and professional connections to the character, and then determine if they behaved ethically or unethically within those relationships. Carefully answer the questions listed below as you create your informational brochure.
- Determine the type of cases the criminal profiler specializes in his/her work (e.g., homicide, sexual assault, satanic ritual crimes)?
- Identify three to five myths that are associated with the characterâ€™s work.
- Indicate the psychological techniques that were used.
- Explain how those misperceptions were clarified this week.
- Discuss your reactions to these misconceptions– both personally and professionally.
- Indicate, in your response, if you felt the profiler acted in an ethical manner. Explain your response.
- Support your brochure with two peer-reviewed scholarly sources.
Length: 2 to 3-page brochure
Your brochure should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect doctoral-level writing and APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.