link to textbook https://openstax.org/details/introduction-sociology-2e
Use information from throughout the course to complete the following writing assignment.
You must use the course textbook for this assignment. With the textbook, you can also use videos and other documents presented in this course ONLY. NO other sources are allowed. Use correct sociological terms!
For this assignment, you will write a two-page paper discussing one of the topics we learned about this semester. The topics that you can choose from are listed below.
1)Discuss how the information provided in the course changed your view on the topic.What did you think before? What do you think now?
2)What information had the biggest impact on you? How? Why?
3)How does this knowledge affect how you view the world? How will it change your behavior? Explain why, even if it does not change your behavior.
4) In your opinion, which sociological theory best applies to this topic and explains the topic best?
5)Be sure to explain the theory’s viewpoint on the topic and why you think it applies the best! To explain why you think it is the best theory, you will need to compare it to the other major theories! Be sure to refer to the text as a basis for your discussion of the theories!
5) Provide the details of your social location. How do you think that your social location/sociological imagination affects your view of this topic? (Remember this includes your race, sex/gender, age, social class, where you live, and the time period you live in!)
Topics you may choose from include:
- Sex and Gender
- Class, power, and status
- Family and Marriage
- Your paper should be two to three double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point font size.
- Save your document as Lastname_lesson9paper.doc
- Attach and submit your paper to the Lesson 9 Writing Assignment â€“
- Be sure to reference course materials You must cite your sources using Citing Resources and the Bibliography to receive full credit for this assignment.
- Check the course Calendar for the due dates.