what is obsessive compulsive disorders
In this Assignment, you become the â€œcaptain of the shipâ€ as you provide treatment recommendations and identify medical management, community support resources, and follow-up plans for a client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Learning Objectives: Students will:
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Recommend psychotherapy based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Identify medical management needs for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Identify community support resources for clients with obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Recommend follow-up plans for clients with depression disorders
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Select an adult or older adult client with an obsessive-compulsive disorder you have seen in your practicum.
PLEASE Addressed each of the bullets, use the resources or you can use other references within last five years only- from 2015 to 2019. Please do not begin a paragraph with author name(s) (PLEASE USE parenthetical/in-text citations)
In 3â€“4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
- Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
- Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
- Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
- Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
- Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Standard 14 â€œProfessional Practice Evaluationâ€ (pages 80-81)
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadockâ€™s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 10, â€œObsessive-Compulsive and Related Disordersâ€ (pp. 418â€“436)
Gabbard, G. O. (2014). Gabbardâ€™s treatment of psychiatric disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publications.
- Chapter 21, â€œObsessive-Compulsive Disorderâ€
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- â€œObsessive-Compulsive and Related Disordersâ€
Stahl, S. M. (2014). Prescriberâ€™s Guide: Stahlâ€™s Essential Psychopharmacology (5th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.