write an essay about the cultural impact of popular music on society and how it reflects the social issues of its time of production select a popular song from the era of your choice 1950 s 2000 s and discuss its cultural impact analyze t
title and running pg called popular music and cultural impact- use incite qoutes and ref page
Write an essay about the cultural impact of popular music on society, and how it reflects the social issues of its time of production.
- Select a popular song from the era of your choice (1950’s – 2000’s), and discuss its cultural impact.
- Analyze the meaning of the lyrics, and discuss how this song represents an element of popular culture/ American society.
- The main focus of your essay should be regarding symbolism, and the symbolic nature of the song you have chosen.
- Give some background into the musician or musical group you have chosen.
- Then, discuss some of the social and political issues present in American and, if relevant, international culture that were going on at the time of the song’s release.
This paper should be 2-3 pages, in APA style, utilizing the college’s library resources. A minimum of one scholarly article should be included in your essay.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
Please contact the Personal Support Center for help with Drop Box assignments