3 discussions for 3 courses week 2
Assignment: Indian religions are complicated. There are thousands of deities, numerous scriptures, indigenous tribal customs, all boiled down into what the English mistakenly called Hinduism in the 1800s.
Main Discussion questions for the week:
1) How does Dharma (pp. 72 and 110) and the yogas (pp. 88-93) simplify an understanding of this complexity?
2) Which of these systems would you incorporate into your life today? Why?
3) Explain why a guru would be necessary to help you understand these two systems.
Use one of the following websites (and cite it properly!) for your answer:
Extra Credit Question (worth up to 5 points depending on the depth of your answer):
Look at the 12 Vows of Jainism (p.127). Then read the article in https://www.hinduwebsite.com/sacredscripts/jainscripts/12vows.asp for more clarity. Given todayâ€™s world, culture, politics, capitalism, corporate workplace and diversity, is it possible to fulfill all these vows? Which of the twelve would you take?
BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone:
Before starting this activity, review the Week 2 LEARN (e-Activity) and read Chapter 2 in the course text book. Doing this will give you the Why to include in your response to the following:
Research Union Pacific Railroad (you are encouraged to use a myriad of reputable sources, including the company’s website.) Perform an analysis of the social/demographic, technological, economic, environmental/geographic, and political/legal/governmental segments (as discussed in the textbook) to understand the general environment facing Union Pacific.
Describe how Union Pacific will be affected by each of these external factors.
1) Perform an analysis of the social/demographic, technological, economic, environmental/geographic, and political/legal/governmental segments to understand the general environment facing Union Pacific.
2) Describe how Union Pacific will be affected by each of these external factors.
SCI 115: Introduction to Biology:
Part 1: Post a Response
This week is all about the smallest components of life: atoms, molecules, and cells. In this discussion topic, we concentrate on cells. To begin, watch the Khan Academy video â€œIntroduction to the cellâ€ found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfHxF6Vhps and then address the following questions.
- In the video, the narrator says that we might think that since cells are so small, that they must be simple, but â€œnothing could be further from the truth.â€ Give a few examples to illustrate the internal complexity of cells.
- Did anything in this video surprise you, or was it mainly a recap of material you already knew?