application project 1
Psychopathology from a Clinical Perspective
Final Project Guidelines
As part of your Final Project, you continue your examination of the DSM-5 as you assess and diagnose a fictional character.This character may be one from movies, theater, television, or literature. Your Final Project must demonstrate both breadth and depth of knowledge and critical thinking appropriate to graduate-level scholarship.
(10 pages â€“ Not including title page, abstract, and references)
Your Final Project must include the following elements:
- A description of your client (e.g., this character may be one from movies, theater, television, or literature.)
- A description of your clientâ€™s presenting information
- A brief description of additional individuals (family, other professional positions, etc.) you might include as part of your assessment
- An explanation as to why you would include additional individuals in this assessment
- Risk and Resilience Factors:
- Psychosocial and Family Issues
- Career and Vocation
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Continued Assessment
- Follow-up Recommendations for Treatment
- A diagnosis using the DSM-5
- An explanation of your clientâ€™s risk and resilience factors.
- An explanation of any psychosocial and/or family issues your client may present.
- An explanation of any career or vocational issues your client may be experiencing.
- An explanation regarding any potential legal or ethical issues concerning assessment and diagnosis of your client.
- Provide an explanation whether a continuing assessment is necessary and justify your explanation.
- A description of proposed recommendations for your client based upon assessment and diagnosis.
- A justification for proposed recommendations
NOTE: This is NOT a Treatment Plan for a client.