Thus far, you have learned about the process and need for treatment of offenders in correctional institutions. Various factors determine which type of therapy would be best for offenders. For example, offenders with long-term substance abuse issues may need a different type of therapy from offenders who may not have substance abuse issues but continue to demonstrate undesirable behaviors.
Review the Riverbend City: Group Therapy in Prison media piece linked in Resources (paper attached), focusing on the Group Therapy Session: Sobriety tab, then address the following in a 4â€“5 page paper:
- Identify the type of group therapy demonstrated in a correctional setting.
- Describe different types of therapy (individual or group) to benefit offenders.
- Describe the challenges of providing counseling in a correctional setting.
- Identify the behavioral issues a correctional counselor must address with an offender.
- Explain how to manage offenders who are resistant to counseling.
- Explain how to manage offenders who are demonstrating undesirable behaviors and may need mental health treatment.
- Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Cite a minimum of three academically verified references.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Required page count: 4â€“5 pages.