Introduction and Purpose of Assignment
This paper provides you with an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of the ethical theories under consideration. As we journey through life, we will encounter individuals with widely divergent views of ethical topics. One of the best ways to break down barriers is to be able to speak in terms that the other person can understand. This paper will help you gain a clear understanding of each of the three theories addressed in the reading for this week.
- Compare and contrast ethical systems. (1.3)
Theory and Context
Antinomianism is the belief that there are no god given laws, or any objective and timeless laws that apply to society. Situationism is the thought that laws and ethics shift due to changing situations. Generalism discusses the belief of some contractual laws but none are binding. Each offers an obvious contrasting view in how we approach our daily routine.
- Write a 3-4 page paper on the three ethical systems – antinomianism, situationalism, and generalism.
- Define and explain each of the three ethical systems.
- Provide a case study (or case studies) which illustrates and clearly demonstrates how the three ethical systems explored this week help you make ethical decisions.
- In your paperâ€™s conclusion, offer an analysis of the three ethical approaches, describing their assets and deficiencies, identifying which of the three you regard as strongest and which is seen as the weakest.Be sure the reasons for your analysis are clearly stated.
Provide at least three sources