Select a topic you are interested in researching this week. The resources listed in the required studies are a good place to begin for ideas.
Select a topic:
- Game-based learning
- Flipped classrooms
- Mindfulness curriculum
- Interest-driven instruction
- Choose your own topic. Provide enough information for your instructor to evaluate the idea. The instructor must approve your idea as appropriate for the scope of this assignment. Post your topic in the â€œopen choiceâ€ section of the discussion board.
Earlier in the week you selected a topic. Based on your research, create a project on your innovation topic in the format of your choice. Your project should address the following:
- Provide a brief overview of the innovation. What is the goal of using it with students?
- How does this innovation incorporate current information about how people learn? Or, how does it contradict what is known about how people learn?
- Would you recommend this innovation for adoption in classrooms and schools? Why or why not?
Examples of formats you may use for your project include:
- A research brief on the topic for convincing colleagues, principals, and others of the research behind your idea
- A presentation for parents or colleagues using a platform such as PowerPoint or Prezi
- A brochure for students on how this new approach will benefit them as learners
If your sense is that this innovation is going in â€œthe wrong wayâ€ compared to what is known about learning, you might create the following:
- A persuasive speech or essay that could be shared with a group such as the school board or district administrators who are adopting such practices
- A presentation for a group that is struggling with the approach
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.