Once you have finished your research, write a 4- to 5-page paper addressing the following issues. Make sure to cite at least two of the required background readings in addition to articles about the Koch brothers in your paper:
- What were Charles and Bill Kochâ€™s sources of power within Koch Industries? Did they have reward power, coercive power, legitimate power, or expert power? Any other sources of power? Refer to Bauer and Erdogan (2012) or Luthans et al. (2015) in your answer, as you should demonstrate a solid understanding of these readings as part of your answer.
- What influence tactics did each of them use in their battle for control? Refer to Bauer and Erdogan (2012) or Luthans et al. (2015) in your answer.
- Ultimately what do you think led to Charles Kochâ€™s victory in this battle, and what do you think are the most important lessons on organizational power that you learned from reading about this power struggle?
- Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; donâ€™t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Make sure to cite readings from the background materials page. Rely primarily on the required background readings as your sources of information.
- Include both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations.