This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO3: Demonstrates effective communication with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare providers in managing safe/quality healthcare processes using evidence-based practices. (PO#3)
Effective communication is a staple of our healthcare culture. Working with patients, peers, and interprofessional teams requires that nurses manage information and evidence toward influencing safe and positive patient outcomes.
Please address the following:
- Describe caring attributes of the culture where you currently practice. Which attributes stand out as having significant influence on patients, nurses, and other healthcare professionals?
- How do you see effective communication relating to patient outcomes in this setting? What is the evidence for this?
- American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing: scope and standards of practice (3rd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.
- pp. 53-66, p. 71, and p. 77
For those who may have purchased an eBook through the ANA or another outside source, please be aware that the listed text page numbers often do not match electronic versions, based on the device you are using. Therefore, the ANA Required Reading assignments are listed by topic in order to correspond to this week’s readings for electronic users.
- Standards of Practice (Standards 1-6); Standards of Professional Performance (Standards 9 & 13)
Aromataris, E., & Pearson, A. (2014). The systematic review: An overview. American Journal of Nursing, 114(3), 53-58. Retrieved from https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&CSC=Y&NEWS=N&PAGE=fulltext&AN=00000446-201403000-00028&LSLINK=80&D=ovft