assessment amp planning
Assessment as defined in the Capuzzi and Gross (2013) text is “a systematic approach to collecting information about a client using a variety of sources and methods” (p. 291). For the Unit 4 assignment, you will view an intake session between a client and counselor and identify possible initial intake assessment strategies based on current literature. You will also identify a possible theoretical framework that will be appropriate for working with this client.
More specifically, describe the type of initial intake assessment methods you would use for the first two counseling sessions (examples include structured or unstructured interview, behavior observations, and depression/anxiety rating scale). Consider the types of questions you would ask or background information you would want to know about the client portrayed in the video. You can also discuss the type of assessment tool or tools you might use with the client, but this is optional. Make sure you address initial intake “assessment” broadly based on the information from the text as well as the media segment. In addition, identify a theoretical framework and/or evidence-based treatment that is appropriate for working with this client.
After watching the Clinical Case Study of John video provided in the Resources, complete the following:
- Introduction (1 paragraph).
- Brief description of the client (1â€“2 paragraphs).
- Description of a theoretical framework or evidence-based treatment that can be used to work with this client. Be sure to support your conclusions with scholarly sources (2â€“3 paragraphs).
- Overview of an intake assessment process for this client including background information to explore. Include possible initial intake assessment instruments if applicable and detail what additional information you would need to know to continue working with this client. Be sure to support your conclusions with scholarly sources (2â€“3 paragraphs).
- Explanation of the factors to consider when working with a particular population, based on relevant or scholarly sources.
- Summary and conclusion (1â€“2 paragraphs).
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 2â€“3 double-spaced pages of content, not counting the title page and references page.
- References: Use peer-reviewed, scholarly sources to support your paper. A minimum of 3 sources published within the past 10 years is required.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.