Locate a dataset from APA.org or create a fictitious dataset of your own.Then answer the following questions (Please be thorough in answering questions and show all calculations leading to the answers):
- Describe your research question.
- State a hypothesis.
- List and explain the variables you are using from the dataset. Should you design a study with just two variables, make a recommendation for a third variable and how that might add to interpretation of the data.
- Select a random sample of data from your dataset. The data should have a minimum of 30 cases, but not more than 200 cases. (Hint: You can use the â€œrandomâ€ function in either Excel or SPSS to generate a random sample from your dataset.)
- Conduct a descriptive data analysis that includes the following (show all calculations):
- a measure of central tendency
- a measure of dispersion
- at least one graph
- Briefly interpret the descriptive data analysis.
- Conduct the appropriate statistical test that will answer your hypothesis. It must be a statistical test covered in this course such as regression analysis, single t-test, independent t-test, cross-tabulations, Chi-square, or One-Way ANOVA. Explain your justification for using the test based on the type of data and the level of measurement (show all calculations).
- Report and interpret your findings (show all calculations).
- Use APA style and include a statement about whether you reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis. Here are some resources that will help you with APA formatting in this step:
- Copy and paste your Excel or SPSS data output and place it in an appendix.