You will be presenting a public service announcement (PSA) on an infectious disease of your choice for the citizens of Sentinel City.
Public health personnel should be able to communicate in layperson terms about how to prevent the spread of disease. Infectious diseases can spread in a matter of hours rather than days or months. Diseases such as measles, pertussis, and tuberculosis have now reappeared; the incidences of these diseases are increasing not only in developing countries but in the United States as well.
For this assignment:
- Select an infectious disease from the CDC National Notifiable Infectious Conditions list found at: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/conditions/notifiable/2016/
- Research the details of the disease using the CDC website and any other sources.
- Select one of the neighborhoods in Sentinel City that you think would be best targeted for the PSA.
- In your video response, clearly describe the disease, explain the chain of transmission, and discuss strategies you would use to decrease the spread of this disease. Include how this disease could become a global health issue. In other words, what might cause this disease to spread from the United States to other countries?
- After completing step 4 in your video response, present a 15-second PSA that could be used on the radio in Sentinel City to alert the residents about the infectious disease. Make sure the PSA is in layperson terms and include how to find more information about the disease.
Supportive information can be found in the information icon for the Community Health Clinic in Industrial Heights in Sentinel City.
See the supplemental resources for examples of PSAs.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)