summary response paper 5
Please write a summary response to the following article:
Instructions for writing a summary response paper are included in the lecture. Be sure to refer to these prior to delving into the content of your paper. Your paper should accomplish the following:
- Introduction: Thesis statement, information about the article.
- Be sure to note key information in the article: author, time and place of publication and article title.
- Be sure to note the main thesis of the article that includes the authors key ideas and intentions.
- Summary: Your analysis of the article. Be sure to write in the objective third person.
- Refer to the author and not the article during your examination of key points as articles are inanimate.
- Response (body paragraphs): Note where you agree, or disagree with ideas, and points the author asserts in the article.
- Be sure to paraphrase and cite in-text as you develop academic paragraphs that have a topic sentence, evidence, and analysis of the ideas you are exploring.
- Conclusion: Note the main implications of the article, any gaps you see in the research, or where you think you can look further for information.
Expand on your group discussion post in which you summarized an article.
Submit this draft to the Smarthinking tutors. Consider using the live session option as the tutors are available 24/7 and you will receive immediate feedback.
Required elements to turn in with submission:
- Appendix – following references
- Feedback from Smarthinking tutors
- Pattern of error log (Template found in the Module folder.)
- Turnitin report
- Length: 2-3 pages (not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include)
- Use third person (Links to an external site.).
- Assert your academic voice.
- Cite at least one source for this assignment.
- You will have to cite several peer reviewed credible sources in your final portfolio project, so start exploring sources now and start saving them to a reference management system. Mendeley (free) and RefWorks (fee-based) are good resources.
- In academic writing, it is always best practice to cite credible sources, such as a scholarly journal article. Your work here in this paper can lead to building content for your final paper due at the end of the course, so be cognizant about source quality.
- The CSU-Global Library is an excellent place to search for credible, scholarly sources.
- The following at the CSU-Global Writing Center should help you assess what a credible source will resemble: Types of Sources (Links to an external site.).
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global APA Style Guide (Links to an external site.).
- You may use the template paper for this assignment.